- White coating had accelerated metal degradation
- Multiple internal gutter leaks
- Metal panels had completely rotted through
- Area B1 needed replacement panels
White coatings are popular in the warmer regions due to their reflective properties. But the nature of coatings in general is more akin to that of paint.
They can seal out liquid, but end up trapping in moisture vapor because the coating isn't permeable. This leads to an accelerated degradation of the metal panels, once internal and operational off-gassing meets the vapor.
With gutters failing, and metal panels being eaten away at an accelerated rate, Bonnell was taking on more moisture each year they didn't take action.
Metal degradation from underneath
Failed roof system seam, unsuccessfully repaired
- Replace and reinforce any hazardous panels with new metal
- Fix and reinforce all internal gutters wherever needed
- Custom-fit our MR Multi-Ply Roofing System to seal any leaks and add an additional 80-100 thousand pounds of tensile strength.
Exposed, degrading gutters
Sealing gaps with flashing
Gutters in process
Continued gutters in process
All gutter edges sealed
Sealed gutters with MR Multi-Ply System